Thursday, December 18, 2014

No Baloney

I was shopping in a grocery store the other morning. It's one of those chains with a decent variety of organic foods. Sometimes, I like that kind of stuff. Sometimes, some of it is rather silly. Take this, for instance. While looking at the bread selections, I happened to see organic hot dog rolls. ORGANIC HOT DOG ROLLS???!!! Huh? What do you put inside a hot dog bun? HOT DOGS!!! What's good and healthful about hot dogs? No... please don't tell me about vegetarian weiners because they are probably as exciting as sex with blow-up dolls. What's the point?
It reminded me of a car I saw with my friend, Stewart, in the Sarasota area a while back. We were sitting at a red light. VROOM! VROOM! Or was it ZHHH! ZHHH!? It was a Toyota Prius Sport. SPORT???!!! We laughed. For some reason "Prius" and "Sport" go together like salt and sugar, and "organic" and "hot dog," don't you think? Anyway, I don't believe we'll be seeing any Prius Sports on the NASCAR circuit any sooner than I'll be eating a vegetarian hot dog on an organic bun. With ketchup.