Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Poor Woman


yoohoo
Originally uploaded by Marinade Dave.
I was talking to a friend of mine in New Jersey recently. She had a pretty interesting story to tell and wanted an opinion from a male point of view. I've known her a very long time.

She's been dating this guy for 2-3 years. I don't know him. She has a son in his early twenties. Her son decided to place a Yahoo! personal ad. Not being as savvy as older, more experienced men, well, he decided to read what older, more experienced men were writing to learn some lines before penning his own. Scrolling through Yahoo! personals, lo and behold, guess what? He stumbled upon an entry by her "of course I love you" boyfriend.

Of course he showed his mother. Of course she confronted him. Of course he denied it. It was some kind of terrible joke by one of his friends or a rotten thing to do by someone who was trying to get even with him for something he had done. I asked her if she believed him. She said she didn't know what to think. He was so adamant about it. I said, don't you think this jokester or rotten "friend" would have made something up that was more negative than positive? I mean, don't you think he would have said he was gay and written from that point of view? I found it at Yahoo! and it was all this typical personal ad mushy stuff about liking children, boating, fine dining and that kind of puke. Sounded pretty sincere to me. Where did his picture come from? Why would one of his friends or enemies write something that would benefit him in any way? Why would a friend try to set him up with other women if he wasn't going to be there to respond? Besides, someone had to pay for it to be active. Suppose what he said was true, who would meet this dream date, him or his friend? Then she would see it wasn't him. I couldn't find any logical way out of the mess, you know, guy to guy support.

She asked me what she should do. I said I wasn't into messing around with an already messy situation. But, I did give her one bit of advice. I told her to place a personal ad on Yahoo! Heck, I'll even find a picture of a sweet looking babe. In a bikini. Just the right age, size and haircolor. I said, write a description you know he'll respond to. I mean, who knows him better than you? Or respond to his. How much is it going to cost? Do a little chit chat for a while and decide to meet somewhere like a Bennigan's. That seems to be a safe place to "meet" someone "new." When he walks in, he'll be in for quite a surprise. Serves him right.

I haven't talked to her for a little while, so I don't know what is going on. My guess is he finally fessed up and she forgave him. Stupid. Oh well, but hey, he sounded like a nice guy in his personal ad. It must be true. Any woman out there looking for some type of soulmate not into lying or playing games? Add a comment here and I'll pass it on to her. See if he's still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment