Wednesday, December 28, 2005

New England Clam Chowder - A Square Meal?

Here's a letter I e-mailed to a food manufacturer in Baltimore. I am not looking for anything in return.

To whom it may concern:

I recently purchased your New England Clam Chowder from an Albertson's store in Longwood, Florida. I was encouraged when I read that your first ingredients are "clams and clam juice." The clams were plump and moist and I will say that I found it very enjoyable for a frozen product and I will buy it again.

However, on the microwave directions, you state: "Remove container from carton and lift one corner of the film to vent steam."

I was just wondering, how does one lift a corner of the film when both the film and the plastic bowl are both round? No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to find corners on round objects.

Perhaps you could say, "Peel back film slightly to expose product to vent steam" or something like that next time you are printing the packaging containers. Or you could tell me to go stand in the corner of a round room. Squarely, the decision is yours.

Then I signed my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment