Wednesday, February 09, 2011

When people throw lemons your way, make lemonade

A young friend associated with the Casey Anthony case has been out of commission for some time now. That's because she had been "with child" and wanted a lengthy break, which is still ongoing. She lives in Mississippi with her husband and two children. Check that... three children now. The closest I ever got to her was in June of 2009, when my lifelong best friend and I took ascenic road trip through Enterprise, Alabama en route to Natchez, Mississippi. I wrote about our adventure, but to be honest, Natchez is 180 miles from where she lives, and Stew and I were in no mood to hang around screaming children. Besides, I didn't know her then. Heck, I didn't go to my first hearing on the Anthony case until four months later, in October of that year, when the most Honorable Judge Stan Strickland called me up to the bench, six full months before the defense filed that senseless motion against him. What a crying shame.

TO CONTINUE READING, PLEASE CLICK HERE