Thursday, June 23, 2005

Brotherly Love


No, I'm not!
Originally uploaded by Marinade Dave.
There's something inherent in the nature of men to remain boys all of their lives. Our toys get bigger and more expensive as we get older, but, as all women know, we're still boys at heart. Being that my brother is a military man and we're close friends, we tease each other like any good friends do. Guys do that. Consequently, we kid around about lots of things, like, well, our shortcomings. We kid around about being gay, even though we're not. I always kid Tim about the silent military rule of, "Don't ask, don't tell." I think it was coined during the Clinton administration. The other day, I asked him if it would have been phrased differently if it had come into effect during the Kennedy years. He asked, "What do you mean?" I said, well, instead of, "Don't ask, don't tell," maybe it would have been, "ASK NOT, TELL NOT" He just laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment