Monday, June 27, 2005

My Mind Was Dead On That Day

A man and a woman approached me one day. I had never met them before. He said, "You have something to tell me." I had no clue as to what he was talking about. I said, "No, I don't think so." He was very persistent. Adamantly, he insisted that I had something important to tell him. This went on, back and forth, for a short period of time. All of a sudden, something came over me. It was a heavy thought and I was filled with something I couldn't really describe. "OK," I said, "but you're not going to like it."

"Please tell me."

I thought about what I was going to say. I almost had no clue. All of a sudden, I blurted out, "All right, then. A few years ago you were in a very bad car accident. You were driving. The woman sitting next to you died."

"Oh my God!"

"She is not angry with you," I told him. "She doesn't blame you. It wasn't your fault. She is very happy where she is. You have nothing to worry about." I had no idea where this was coming from, nor where it would take me.

He asked me how I knew all of this. I said, "You're asking me?" They walked away briefly, then returned. He was crying and she was in utter shock.

"You must be an angel," she said. It wasn't the first, nor the last time that I was asked if I were an angel.

"No, I don't think so," I responded. She was insistent. I was insistent right back.

For some brief moment in time, they chose me to channel information to them. Was it from the deceased woman, somehow forcing us together? Was it that, for a moment, I had picked up his thoughts, as if I were a mind reader? Was it just a fluke, some kind of weird coincidence?

She told me that they were moving to Indiana early the next morning. This is something that had been weighing heavily on his mind. He could not forgive himself. He would not marry her until he felt exonerated. "This gives us a chance to start a whole new life together," she said. Well, glad I could help.

He said, "I have one more thing to ask you," as if to prove I wasn't just making all of this up, like some sort of carnival mind reader. "How many people were in the car?"

"Four. There was another couple in the back seat. They weren't hurt at all."

The man burst into tears again. I was right. They both thanked me profusely, then left, never to be seen again. I am sure that that conversation had quite an everlasting impact on them. It certainly did to me.

I have no idea what came over me that day. I have had minor brushes similar to that in the past. A lot of people have. Where you sense something. Never quite that strong, though. Later that day, I broke down and prayed to never let it happen to me again. It hasn't since.

I slept like a rock that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment